Saturday 15 August 2009

The Preacher










(gaah! I just realised I forgot to paint eyelashes on that eye!)

This is the most resent thing I've done, It was kind of a experiment. I wanted to try and make something a bit different and more abstract. I was thinking about making a whole series of these, each based around an old photograph and the unknown person depicted, each very different. But I'm not sure... will see.

As I said, this is the last of my completed projects, and tomorrow I'm moving to the other side of the country to study, and hopefully become a professional prop-maker. I'm not sure how much time I'll have for my personal projects and I won't be able to bring all of my tools and materials so the things I make probably won't be as complicated as some of my other stuff, but ensure you I have lots of interesting ideas I want to realise- Hubertus deer relic, the Swedenborgian Eye and many other yet-to-be-named projects.

Anyway, just so you know, It's probably gonna be a while before I post again.


5 comments:

  1. I love all the work you post here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your art and have been a big fan of your postings. Good luck with the move/study/career!! I look forward to more postings sometime in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fascinating! Best wishes for your studies

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're work blows my mind.
    check out my horror movie blog for the latest horror news and the occasional creepy treasure
    http://atomicfox.blogspot.com
    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic works Jacob, I love the detail and incredible amounts of endless imagination you put into each piece. As Nickflight already stated, I too look forward to more postings in the future!

    ReplyDelete